Saturday, December 26, 2009

I Resolve


It's that time of year when we take stock of our lives and resolve to do better....... a ritual of sorts. Here are mine; I resolve to.......

1. be more patient with Jim..........and store clerks..............and telemarketers.............well, maybe not telemarketers. And I'll be more patient with myself. Having occasional goof-off days is not a sin, necessarily.

2. lose 10 pounds. This is the same 10 pounds I've been losing since I was 30 years old. It comes and goes. Mostly comes.

3. spend less time on the computer, right after I check who's on FaceBook, answer some emails, transfer some money to PayPal, play for a while in PhotoShop, watch a movie on NetFlix, place an order on Amazon.com, check my bids on Ebay, post in a few forums, do a little online research, and finish this blog.

4. exercise everyday. Well, I can take weekends off; 5 days a week would be good. But you know they say to alternate days of exercise, so every other day would work even better. Tuesdays and Thursdays.............definitely Thursdays.

5. spend less money, unless I get depressed and need some shopping therapy, or Dillards has a great clothing or shoe sale, or if I see something I simply can't live without at full price.

6. be less judgmental of others unless they're obviously idiots or evil or in politics or on TV, in which case they've got it coming.

7. spend more time with Jim. I like watching him sleep in the recliner.............. it's a bonding experience.

8. stop giving advice to my family; they've never followed my advice, anyway; I usually don't either.

9. let my hair grow out. I'm married to the only man on the planet who likes short haired women; he'll have to adjust.

10. give up a habit.....let's see, I don't smoke; alcohol mostly just makes me feel bad. My generation doesn't do drugs. I can't have sugar or chocolate because of the migraines. Maybe I'll take up a frickin' habit in 2010 so I can give it up next year!

2 comments:

  1. Hi again. I say again as I think my first comment didn't make it to this page. I sometimes need a seeing eye dog to help me through all this cyber stuff. I wanted to say that I absolutely love your music and I set up my own player on Facebook and stole some of your choices. I looked for you on Facebook but wasn't sure what one was you.
    Like your resolutions. I plan to loose a little weight. 10 lbs sounds like doing it all at once so I will chip away at it. Wasn't sure at first but the Wii I bought it paying off. I am faithful with my half hour a day. I am so inflexible that I must start slowly.
    Mawboo Wii

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! This is the funnest list of resolutions I've come across. Very enjoyable to read and relate to, Cat. You are serious, yet with a wonderful sense of humor and a forgiving realism.

    ReplyDelete