Tuesday, March 22, 2011

This 'n That

I have a painting and a collage in the works but nothing ready to show, so here are a few pics I've taken lately that I thought you might like.

"No, Mom. I haven't been digging in the herb bed because I distinctly remember you telling me you would whack my fuzzy little butt if I did."

"Me, sniffing the poppies? Of course not! Why do you ask?"

"Nope, Dad. I don't remember where my new golf ball came from, but it's definitely not one of your collectibles!"

My sister Nan and I spent the day together, and we stopped by the Old Mill park.

Nan on a bridge, Senor Dionico Rodriguez, a sculptor and artist, was responsible for all the details of each piece of concrete work made to represent wood, iron or stone, as well as the designing of the foot bridges and rustic seats. Rodriguez's secret techniques were so detailed and exacting that you can identify the species of trees in most of his work. Rodriguez worked without any written plans, but there are unwritten stories that describe how Rodriguez envisioned many of his works. "A black locust tree grew in the soft earth on the bank of the little stream. When it reached a certain height it was blown down, but continued to live. A woodsman who wanted to use the trunk of the tree as a footbridge cut off the limbs and..."

We thought the park would be lush with spring blooms, but there weren't many yet.

Jonquils were in full bloom on Deb's table, though, when I drove up to visit her, Dave and Mollie. I thought this was such a pretty arrangement using soft drink bottles in the little basket.

Mollie's compact horse.

She showed me the rest of her menagerie, including hermit crabs (camera shy), baby chicks, ducks, geese, rabbits, dogs, cats, and all kinds of critters; it's like visiting a petting zoo.

And that's it for now during these busy, happy spring days.
Thanks for stopping by!
Cat & Marley

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing what is going on in your world. spring is coming. Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring has definitely Sprung for you & Marley. Love your blog as always. Your mosaic portrait is stunning! Love, Colleen

    ReplyDelete