Friday, June 26, 2009

Goodbye, Michael


Let me fill you heart with joy and laughter
Togetherness, well, it's all I'm after,
Just call my name, and I'll be there......


Michael, I don't know if you were insane at the end or not, but I do know you began as a genius; it has been said that there's a fine line between genius and insanity, and we've seen how new riches can lead to the downfall of celebrities. If the families who accused you hadn't ended up millionaires, I would tend to give more credence to their stories.

I mentioned to Jim how I loved the Thriller video when it came out, and he said he had never seen it! Can you imagine? I looked it up on You Tube for him, and he watched about 5 minutes of it and said he wasn't impressed. I guess you just had to be there when it came out in the winter of 1983.
It was really something..........
Goodbye, Michael.

I began preliminary work on this month's commission for Corel Painter magazine, a small piece using Gouache brushes to paint a 1950's kitchen (the editor's subject choice). Above is just the first sketch to see how it fits into the magazine template. It's supposed to end up a little gloppy and in the Bodegon (Spanish) style which literally means kitchen still life. Have to admit I wasn't familiar with the style, but some of the paintings I found online are beautiful. Maybe I'll post more as I work on it. I finally installed Painter 11 and haven't had any of the glitches (knock wood!) that earlier users were reporting, but I haven't devoted much time to it, either. Neither have I finished the mosaic stepping stones I began last winter or the stained glass piece I was working on, and I want to get back to reading The Breaker by Minette Walters, and my flower beds seem to need constant attention to survive at all, and I have emails to answer that are long overdue, and I'm been meaning to start painting acrylics onto some digital canvases I've got. Lots of unfinished objects (UFOs) around the house, but I'm happiest when I've got lots of irons in the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment