Sunday, August 23, 2009

Beach Vacation


We got to Rosemary Beach yesterday about 5 PM, tired but happy. Our condo is gorgeous, with a deck that looks out onto the ocean. I brought Zoie, and I'll post some of her photos later, but I'm using Jim's laptop, and it doesn't have PhotoShop on it, and I'm pretty much lost, photo-wise, without PS. So, I've cheated today, and I'll post a photo borrowed from the rental site.

Remember the movie "What About Bob?", where Bill Murray carried his gold fish with him in a jar on a cord around his neck? Well, you'll laugh your arse off at this, but we have one little blue Betta fish in a small aquarium at home, and I put him on the desk that Jim uses, and they've become friends. Who'd a thunk it? Anyway, Jim said it would cruel to leave "Finley" alone for 8 days, and that we should bring him, which we did. Right now, Finley is in a big iced tea jug, looking out onto the ocean waves. He doesn't seem that impressed, but then who's to say what will impress a fish?

We watched dolphins from the deck this morning, and I walked along the beach looking for sea glass and shells. Jim isn't a water & sand kinda guy; he's just here for me. I told him that I'll be on the beach in the mornings and evenings, and that during the day, we can explore the surrounding areas, so I think he's ready to go.........................

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cat, Thanks for the visit to my blog. I am so glad to have found you. I didn't add myself as a follower, but I did subscribe using Google Reader.

    Where exactly is this white beach. I think I need a vacation there in about February when the days are really short and the temps are hovering near 0 degrees Fahrenheit!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks absolutely idyllic. Hope you all have a lovely, relaxing holiday.

    ReplyDelete